Silent Sunday

2:30:00 AM Out And About Global 9 Comments

I absolutely love this photo!  I felt a little guilty photographing people as if they were an exhibit--and my 17 year old felt it was unquestionably WRONG.  She didn't even like that we were watching their holy rituals, but one of my favorite places in Jerusalem was the Western Wall.  I felt a very strong spirit holiness there and while the customs are not my own, I appreciated what they were doing. In this photograph these men are ritually washing (cleansing themselves before approaching God) before entering their holiest of spaces.  
OneDad3Girls Silent Sunday @ Nicer Than New
Unknown Mami

9 comments:

  1. Such a natural shot B. Love the two guys in the background having a laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot, it is great to see those dedicated to their faith going about their life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that its a beautiful shot. I don't think they would mind and I don't think its exhibiting. Its more like being in awe of the ritual and sharing the beauty =) #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great photo that lends itself to being B&W

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the feel of this photo. I think the b&w adds to is beauty.

    ReplyDelete