Keukenhof--Oh My Word, AWESOME!

4:52:00 AM Out And About Global 5 Comments


The whole time we lived in Germany I wanted to go to Amsterdam to see the tulip festival--it never happened. So when we booked our Spring Break trip to Amsterdam I thought, "finally!" Unfortunately, tulips arrive early or late depending on the weather and our trip ended the first week of April--about a week or 2 before the optimum bloom time. I literally checked the tulip report everyday and on the day we were returning to Saudi Bob dropped me off for a 2 hour run through the park. The fields were not in full bloom, but I got my fill and boarded the plane with my bloom bucket filled. 

The gardens are gorgeous and did you know there are over 1000 varieties of tulip--neither did I. To really take full advantage of the park you need more than 2 hours,  I'd recommend going later in the month and rent a bike to see the fields beside the park. Just know that everyone else is going to have the same idea and be patient as you share the beauty with a lot of other people. 




5 comments:

  1. Great photos! It looks really beautiful. As it does in all the other posts you wrote about the region. I was only in the Netherlands once in the fall and I should definitely go back in the spring, and visit Belgium.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a gorgeous area, so put it on your list.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Will have to seak out this tulip report. Planning to go next spring. I have been to Amsterdam before, but I have always dreamed of seeing the Tulips in bloom.

    ReplyDelete